75ml rapeseed oil
175g self-raising flour
1½ tsp baking powder
50g ground almond
finely grated zest 2 lemons
140g golden caster sugar
2 large eggs
225g natural yogurt
200g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1. For the cake, put the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and polenta in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and sugar, then make a dip in the centre. Beat the eggs in a bowl, then stir in the yogurt. Tip this mixture along with the oil into the dip, then briefly and gently stir with a large metal spoon so everything is just combined, without overmixing.
2. Spoon the mixture into a microwave safe dish or silicone cake mold and level the top. If using a non-flexible dish, its best to line with greaseproof paper for easy removal.
3. Place carefully in the microwave and cook on high for 7 minutes.
4. Remove carefully from the microwave and leave to cool for a few minutes and then remove from the dish and leave to cool fully.
5. Mix the lemon juice with the icing sugar, 1 tbsp at a time until the icing is a thick but pourable consistency and spread over the cake.