Gluten Free Rocky Road
- 100 grams soft butter
- 200 grams best-quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150 grams gluten free digestives (I used Tesco brand – 80p per packet)
- 60 grams mini marshmallows
- 60 grams dried cranberries (or other dried fruit you have in the cupboard)
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan. Scoop out about 1/3 of this melted mixture and put to one side.
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are aiming for both crumbs and pieces of biscuits.
- Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows and cranberries.
- Tip into a 7 inch square cake tin lined with greaseproof or a silicone mold; flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour the reserved melted chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 12 or 16 squares